When choosing your painting contract, be sure they offer some sort of warranty for the services they provide you. This is a great way to give you some peace of mind knowing that if something does go wrong, and they do, that someone is going to take responsibility and resolve the issue.
Express Remodeling, INC. warrants labor and material for a period of one year. We will supply materials and labor to correct any paint failures that may appear at no extra cost. This warranty is separate from the warranties provided by the paint manufacturers.
Express Remodeling believes in using the highest quality paint, so Sherwin Williams is our go-to paint unless otherwise requested by the homeowner. Have confidence knowing that if your paint peels or blisters within 20 years from the date of purchase, The Sherwin-Williams Company shall, upon presentation of proof of purchase, either replace or repair the peeling or blistering free of charge or refund the original purchase price.
Express Remodeling, INC. Warranty Specifics
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 12 months from the date of completion of the work described on the front of your contract, the Contractor named on the front of your contract will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Retain a copy of your cancelled check or other evidence of payment in full.
- Pay for all materials used to perform the repairs.
- Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or his employees, to perform the repairs
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work which was not performed by the Contractor.
- Varnished surfaces.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- The cost of paint required to perform the repairs.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and wood gutters.
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the color and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
o mill-glazing from smooth cedar
o ordinary wear and tear.
o abnormal use or misuse.
o peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the contractor.
o structural defects.
o settling or movement.
o moisture content of the substrate.
o abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
o damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the contractor.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.